Saturday, July 10, 2010

Adeventure #1:Hong Kong

Well actually just getting to the airport two days ago was an adventure becauase we got pulled over for making an illegal right on red!Neither uof us saw any signs and were shocked we were being pulled over at all. Hahaha Hilary pulled it off with ease a calm,sencere response is always the best way to deal with cops (it doesnt hurt being a hot chick either)so they let us off with a warning,luckily. WHen I arrived at the airport I promptly checked in and got upgraded to a bulkhead seat SWEET! My row mates were two lovely gents also living in LA, On and Jing. They were patiently helping me with a couple of phrases in Chinese (Cantonese) and vietnamese.I conked out in the first 15 minutes after lift off.

My flight into Hong Kong was not as smooth when we were decending (I was conked out again)I woke up in a frenzy my heart was about to jump out of my chest it was beating so hard. I asked my friend later what had happened and he said the plane droped about 50 feet in a mater of seconds. You wouldn’t have known it by the looks on everyones faces they were relatively calm.

And finally I am going to to tell you about HK... Actually I am going to save that for later cause I have to get ready to go now my new Filippino friends are on their way to pick me up in a few minutes ; )

much love,

6 comments:

  1. I guess just showing up is half the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Truuuuuuuu you are probably watching world cup right about now.... I got up and am waiting for my friends to come watch with but I think they might have over slept. Its 2;30 in the morning here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan! On thats Me!! it's actually spelled An i do spell it On as well, just to make it easy. Ha! I'm in the Gilli Island now and just started my Scuba Class. Its been pretty awesome here. Well, i hope those phrases help. If i remember any else..i'll email them to you..what is your email btw...i think you have to be a member to get your email. Well..Mine is andang@gmail.com

    Have a safe trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome. Hope ur having an awesome time in Asia! I just had an incredible weekend in Chicago! Leaving for Thailand in a week! See u when we get back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! This trip already sounds like a blast...can't wait to hear more! Have some great travels!

    Esther (Aka Ms. Perez)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting stuff to my blog guys I will keep you posted on Southeast Asia. My digital camera just pooped out on me tho so I am soley relying on my iphone at this point until I can get back home and develop my film picts.

    ReplyDelete